Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm running a race!

It seems like forever since I last pinned a number on.  In reality, it's only been 3 months, but it feels like much longer.  The last time I "raced", I covered 40 miles, on trails, each step painful thanks to a knee issue that flared up two weeks prior.  It was disappointing, to say the least.

The last three months have been a restless mix of recovery, regression, training, un-training, working, resting, living life.  Grand plans, revised too many times to count.

But this Sunday, in Sanford, I'll run in a 10k race.  I have no expectation, but want to put in a good effort, sweat a little, rest afterwards and watch the boys play at Depot Park.  I spend a lot of weekend mornings watching (while working) others run races.  It's going to feel good to be one of them this time.

I forget...do you put your number on your front or back???

3 comments:

Meghan Hegarty said...

Since a 10k is like a sprint for you, definitely the back :-)

Have fun!

Anthony Corriveau said...

good to hear you're feeling better

UltraBrad said...

I ended up putting it on the front...because that's where everyone else had theirs...rookies...

Anthony, don't worry, I'm feeling not-better now.