Wednesday, May 02, 2012
2012 Goals April Review
April was like March, which was pretty similar to February.
In short, my goals were:
1. Bike Commute More - April was a pretty good month. I biked to work 13 days, so over half the work month. That takes me to 25 days for the year.
2. Run a sub 20 minute 5k each week - I was 5 for 5 through January and haven't done one since. I ran a 10k on the last weekend day of the month in 40:15, which according to McMillan's widget, is equivalent to a 19:23 5k. Don't think I'm going to count it though. Maybe I'll do a couple in May...
3. Do sit-ups every day - D-. I did 100 sit-ups 5 days.
4. Pay off $10,000 in mortgage principle - We're up to $2,202.26 of principle paid off over the first 4 months. Hopefully the side work will pick up and I can throw more at it. The re-fi is still a possibility with the new HARP rules, so hopefully we'll find out something soon. We're not quite to where we'll need $1,000 per month to pull it off, but it's close. $7,797.74 to go over the next 8 months.
5. Run more and aim for 3000 miles - Still a Fail. Total of 118 for the month, up to 446 for the year. Yikes! But, the knee is just about 100%, so I hope to build slowly. It was a frustrating 3 months, but it's getting there!